Freshman Academy Facts
What is the Freshman Academy?
The Freshman Academy is a transitional program to provide all incoming ninth grade students a foundation for success. The Academy will offer full programming to include the Arts, Athletics, Band, Career and Technical Programs along with core educational programs.
Where is the Freshman Academy?
The Freshman Academy is located behind the Central Administration building and beside the baseball/softball complex.
What is the mission of the Freshman Academy?
To establish a showcase learning environment that will provide programs and supports that address the unique needs of freshman transitioning to the high school setting.
What are the benefits to the Academy?
- Increase student achievement with higher grade point averages and decreasing the number of student who fail to obtain full credits in ninth grade.
- Increase student attendance
- Decrease student discipline incidents
- Encourage student involvement and participation in school activities and functions
- Aid with social transition to the high school environment
- Establish positive connections and transitions for incoming ninth grade students with a specific set of teachers
- Provide early identification and intervention of risk behavior
- Increase class identity and cohesiveness